Saturday, October 1, 2011

Looking for Your Headcovering Blog Articles

Attention Reader-Writers:  I would like to gather a listing of links for bloggers and writers who have an article about head covering, either from a personal experience or from a study that you've done.  When I first began really studying about head covering as a serious expression of my faith, the more I read, the more I found myself able to come to a conscious, confident decision.  I was amazed at the number of personal testimonials, research reports, and even fashion guides and how-to's that I was able to find from non-professional sources online, in addition to the already well-written articles and studies provided by different religious organizations, books and individual leaders from various backgrounds.

If you have written an article about the head covering for your own blog, or organizational blog or website, please send me a link that I can share here on the ThoseHeadcoverings blog, and maybe in the future, on my ThoseHeadcoverings website (when I figure out how to update the google pages or finally move everything to another website host).

Note to remember:  I do include information on my blog and in my website from a variety of sources, some of which you, or I, may not completely agree with.  I don't want anyone to think that just because a wide variety of people believe in wearing a covering on their head means that we agree that everything else that everyone else does is acceptable to everyone.  For example, it does not mean that they will agree on many articles and foundations of spiritual faith, from the widest differences (such as pointed out in my main "categories" of Christian, Islam, and Jewish), down to the slighter differences in regional cultures and traditions (such as, say, conservative to more liberal or moderate groups).  I may write about how I understand things and how the covering is important to me, and I will share the outlooks of others who are willing to share how they see the cloth upon the head, and what it means to them.  It does not mean that we are condemning anyone who does not agree with us.  We are not in a position to condemn or to judge others.  We are only in a position to follow our conscience as our study and experience guides us.  We hope that by sharing with others, that we can encourage you continue seeking the truth and obeying the truth, not merely getting by on what is right in our own eyes, or what feels good to do.  The more we live, the more we learn, and the more we learn, the more we realize: the less we know (somewhat of a quote from a song in the movie "Yentl").  May you keep learning and living, and may you be encouraged by what you read here.  Thank you for listening.

LisaM

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have been working on...

www.tinyURL.com/What-About-Headcoverings

LisaM at ThoseHeadcoverings said...

http://david.thedesignhut.net/subhosts/headcoverings/