Sunday, October 30, 2011

Headcovering is Not a Costume

Dr. Faheem Younus, Adjunct Faculty for Religion at CCBC and Clinical Associate Professor of Medicine at U MD, writes some thoughtful comments on head covering as pertains to this part of the year, that is, Halloween, and how it applies to the education of hijab other times in the year as well, in: "Hijab is Not a Halloween Costume."(HuffingtonPost.com)  Find a neat short list of questions and answers about hijab as well.

I always find myself reading articles like these and thinking how easily the words could be replaced by other women who choose to cover, specifically Christians who wear headcovering and dress modestly too.

As usual, be aware that comments below articles are not written unbiasedly or politely.  This one has so many comments that I wish I could answer... if only I knew that those who wrote the comments would listen.  Let's keep educating others while we maintain our faith and modesty.

No comments: