Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Help! I've stopped writing and I can't get back!

I really wanted to keep this blog going. To encourage. To inform. To help and guide. To persuade even.

What would YOU like to see in this blog? Is there some research that I could do for you? A poll I could take? Some links I could look up and post? Articles I could write? Please let me know what I can do to help. Hold me accountable to the commitment that I made to start up and keep this blog going. Please, send me your own articles or links or sales sites or questions, and we'll see what we can do to encourage and help you!

Thank you for stopping by!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

EDIT - To thank those who have written so far, I am blessed to have received your comments and suggestions. PLEASE continue, readers, to submit your thoughts, questions, comments and links.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm still trying to learn all I can about headcoverings! I've gotten into doing more now than ever, and people in my church even still thinks its a little odd!

Anonymous said...

Lisa,

I have found this blog to be of incredible support over the years; Your attention to the goings on within the faith based (and sometimes extra-faith based) covering communities worldwide, concerning both men and women, has been, and continues to be a refreshing source of strength in what can be at times an almost impossible endeavour. As a Christian headcoverer who has transitioned through several denominations to arrive in my faith home but with covering and plainness as a part of my faith that has transcended denominational boundaries, perhaps a look at the validity of covering within mainstream Christian communities might be a good start e.g. 'isn't that only for the Amish'?? (use this as a title if you wish) that explores covering in Anglicanism/Episcepalianism, Catholicism, the Baptist tradition, Methodist, Orthodox, evangelical, presbyterian denominations etc., with perhaps some denominational support and texts or even covering styles (for instance, www.prayercoverings.com now sells an 'anglican covering under the 'choir cap' definition) possible examples of denominationally applicable covering styles (as many are acutely uncomfortable wearing a style that overtly belongs to a group not their own). I know your 'Christian headcoverings' and 'Headcoverings Illustrated' resources seek to address this area but a new fresh approach or a series dealing with covering one denomination a week perhaps, would be very good.

Additionally, as much of these resources are North
American, special covering support for Christian coverers in the UK, Europe and Australia plus New Zealand is desperately needed. We are attrociously under-represented and much material is Americocentric in its cultural placement and assumptions to say the least.

May God continue to bless your invaluable online ministry and mission for we coverers and those interested in it.

Blessings,

Sarah,
Australia.

Anonymous said...

Checkout http://networkedblogs.com/m0xjS

I'd like to see how head coverings are challenged in society. For example, I'm a federal employee and am not allowed to wear a turban even though I do kundalini yoga and would like my head covered at all times.