Monday, September 21, 2009

What to wear... and why...

~ (referencing a post by "knittingprose") Anglican Plain posts, in "Headcoverings," a recommendation to find "Garlands of Grace". If you haven't seen their head coverings before, please visit.

~ Cheryl of "Swineinsanity" also posts a "Headcoverings" article, giving her favourite headcovering (the Princess Scarf -Amira Hijab: see here an example), along with her own understanding of head coverings, with a link to the Kingshouse.com article on headcovering.

~ Catholic Hijabi posts "Fab Friday: Medieval Maiden" - with a new old style of head covering, including a link to a video, and her 'polyvore' design to match. Cute!

~ I also found a discussion at the Well Trained Minds forum for classical teaching, on what do you wear and how, without getting into a debate on why.

~~~~~~~~~~

Also, please read "A Set Apart Life: My Changing Thoughts on Headcoverings" and "More on Headcoverings" in "A Tent for the Sun", for a couple of young women's studies of headcovering, including links.

2 comments:

Cheryl (SwineInsanity) said...

Thank you for stopping by my blog... I am going to add you to the blogs I follow... This is such a fantastic idea! Thanks!

Cheryl (SwineInsanity) said...

The site linked to SwineInsanity has changed.... Our new site is located at

http://home.comcast.net/~andersonandrew/

I will be reposting my thoughts on headcoverings on this blog... Thank you for your patience and posting about the blog.. I have linked to your blog... Thanks