Saturday, April 4, 2009

Head Covering Wikibook

Barei Lev posts this information, Friday, March 27, 2009:
"Wikibooks"
Just a short entry right now, looking for anyone interested in contributing to a project.

I discovered Wikibooks a couple weeks ago, and became very excited about doing a few projects there. If you are not familiar with it, Wikibooks is an open-content site for creating textbooks. It is very research-based, not about personal experience or opinions. I am working on two projects that I thought might be of interest to readers here. These projects are:

1) Headcovering - This book has just been set up, and you can see it here. I am interested in doing a book on religious headcoverings (or headcoverings in general, but I am thinking an emphasis on covering for religious purposes), the history and official reasons for them. In other words, I would be interested in religious primary texts, traditional sources, what current leaders/scholars have to say on the topic. No particular religion, anyone who does or has information on this practice is welcome.

. . .

1 comment:

M. Akamau said...

This is so exciting! She'd been emailing me and was kind enough to ask if I'd mind! She is such a dear, and my hope is that the wikibook (and the one I'm writing) will be a source of information for women and others who need it most! There are even just folks who want to know more about it. This is just good stuff. I'm so pleased that there is not only interest in covering, but also a desire to inform others about it, its origins, practices, etc. Thanks for this, dear one.