Saturday, December 27, 2008

Just Do It

Plain Sabbath Keeper writes in: "What road are you walking on?"
on December 25, 2008:

Mat 7:13 Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat:

Mat 7:14 Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.

. . .

Don't worry about what the world thinks or your relatives. You are obeying GOD, and are an example to your children and to the watching world.The very first headcovering I wore was a pillow case, and my Husband cut it around the back so it would look more like a head covering( This was before I learned how to sew) and my sons played soccer at the time, and I went in front of all those Baptist Moms at the soccer game with that pillow case on my head. It is comical to think about it now, but that is what GOD was telling me to do, and I wanted GOD to see I was not ashamed to obey His Word.

Rom 12:1 I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service.

Rom 12:2 And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.

Be encouraged.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am...

Anonymous said...

I understand the principle behind Christian women wearing headcoverings for worship, but why wear a headcovering to a soccer game?

Alana said...

Because the Holy Scriptures which tell us to wear a head covering when we pray also tell us to pray without ceasing.