Thursday, August 28, 2008

An Orthodox Christian Blog

Meet Seeking Livity, at blogspot, who writes:
I have been covering all or most of my hair for the majority of my adult life. There have been many reasons for this but religion has played the biggest role in growing this conviction in me. Now that I am an Orthodox Chrisian there is even more force behind my conviction. Ironically, I stopped covering when I entered the Orthodox Church. I wanted re-examine my reasons for many things in my spiritual life and practices to be sure that they conformed with Orthodoxy.
. . .
The only challenges in my opinion is how to refrain from judging others who do not agree and covering in such a way that I do not draw undue attention to myself.

This is a topic that I plan to write about often. If there are women like me that scour the internet looking for others with this urge to cover their bodies including their hair, I want them to be able to find a likeminded soul or two through this blog.

~~~~~~~~~~~~
Be encouraged!

2 comments:

light and good order said...

Yippee! And she's in the webring! Glory to God.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the welcome!