Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Head Covering and Recent Culture

In a very insightful blog entry, Jennifer of Reformed SHEology illustrates the symbolism of head covering and even the secular understanding of the symbol in the art and culture of previous generations here in the West. She reviewed the movie, "Splendor in the Grass," for her blog last month, and wrote specifically concerning the head covering in a recent blog entry: "The 1 Corinthians 11 Society." She writes: "Headgear communicates quite a bit. It becomes an additional appendage by which we can amplify our body language." And I think she makes several good points for Christian men and women to consider when wearing head gear of some kind.

I recommend reading.

I also appreciate the observations she makes in the film she reviews this month, regarding masculinity and femininity: "The Best Years of Our Lives".

2 comments:

Butterfly 211 said...

Oh Lisa,
I love this website. You have done so much research and I also love the pictures. Do you yourself wear a headcovering? Just wondering. Also thank you so much for your sweet comments on my blog you are such a sweet sweet friend.
Dru

LisaM at ThoseHeadcoverings said...

thank you for your encouragement, Dru! I do wear a head covering; maybe I should make that plain on the website. Thanks again for your comments. :)