Sunday, May 4, 2008

"Headcoverings and the Issue of Submission"

True Confessions of a Prodigal Daughter has posted a personal testimony of her heart choice to cover her head in prayer, and to submit, in "Headcoverings and the Issue of Submission". Please read her blog entry and the comments following.

She opens:

Well, goodness. Who would have thought I would be considering a headcovering for church? As I mentioned before, if you had told me this five years ago, I would have laughed. Even a year ago, I would have responded with a clueless, "huh?" But I forgot to mention that yesterday, while attending the Latin Low Mass, I decided to wear a headcovering.

And you know what? It felt perfectly right and true.

1 comment:

Mary Rose said...

Lisa,

Thank you again, for your encouragement and support. Truly, the Lord led me to your site and little did I know what He had in store for me! Thank you for your entries. I've been really touched by all the stories.

I will eventually get a lace mantilla, but for now I have plenty of scarves to wear. I used a long one yesterday. The only trick is keeping a scarf on my hair from slipping! I have two "bobby pins" but didn't use them yesterday. I had knotted the two sides of the scarf and then one knot in the middle to hide the ends. This created a type of loose "hood" of sorts. The knots added a little more weight toward the front so for the most part, it did keep on my head.

It seems that those who wear the lace mantillas allow the longer ends to just fall across their shoulders in the front. I have no idea if they use bobby pins but if anyone reading this wears one, I am curious about how you keep it on your head. When my hair is straightened, it is a little "slicker." :-)